ADS

Thursday, February 5, 2009

SHAVING BODY HAIR

I'm asian and in general, asians usually have less body hair than other races. My father is like almost hairless. He has no hair on his legs, arms, hands, stomach, chest, etc..... The only places with hair are the armpits, a mustache, and a few tiny hairlines on the chin. Hell, he doesn't even shave and I rarely see him trim his mustache. While I, on the other hand have hair on all of the aforementioned places. I probably inherited some hair genes from my maternal uncles, who are pretty hairy. But thank god that I have unnoticeable hair on my chest and back.

If you have back hair, chest, and stomach hair; just go to a spa and have it waxed. Yeah it hurts alright, but you'll have clear, smooth, and open skin. But depending on the length and location of your hair, you can easily shave it off. For instance, I shave the hair around my stomach like once every 2 months, when the strands are like around an inch long. Thank god in this area the hair doesn't grow as fast. I had never shave the hair on my legs, but some of them are getting pretty long. For guys, shaving the hair on the legs is fine. Plus it's okay to have hair on the legs for guys, makes us looks a bit more manly, lol.

Armpit hair, I usually shave it once every 6 months. Yeah, they grow super slow for me on that area. Hair on most guys arms and hands are so miniscule that there's really nothing to shave at. The hair on these areas are baby-like.

The only hair removal product I had tried is Nair brought in Duane Reade. All I can say is that it gets the job done, but you really have to work at it. The product came in lotion form. You spread the lotion evenly on the hairy area and wait for like 4-6 minutes, then you wipe it off with a damp cloth. It doesn't completely wipe all the hair off, and I always have to pluck off some of the hair. I wouldn't recommend it at all. Plus your skin will experience redness and a tiny bit of scrapes. It does an okay job at best. It's sad that there is not that many hair removal products out there for men. Therefore, I simply advocate regular shaving.

If you are using an electronic shaver, I would highly recommend having two of them; one for your beard, and one for your body. All in all, just remember to shave your hair when you think is long enough already, NOT when it's long due for one. Plus, don't forget to shave the hair on your knuckles of your fingers and toes for those that have it, and the feet too.

3 comments:

  1. I have hair on my back! I have to shave it off every month. I tried nair and it made me bleed a little. Think I will just stick to the inconvenience of shaving. Heck I have to shave my face everyday anyway haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. However, when a person has body hair, the hair helps trap these hormones so they are not so easily brushed off or removed from the body. shaving vs trimming

    ReplyDelete
  3. It improves the damage done by styling heat, UV damage, and so on, by restoring moisture, making the hair soft and silky, and shiny. BLACKWOOD FOR MEN

    ReplyDelete